Tuesday, 17 May 2011
The 'Opposition' Project
"The 'Opposition Project' is just an experiment really... but one that gives really nice 'arty' results, so I might carry on with it!"
I've been looking at my work recently and it has been very documentary like (edited very straight forward to show everything just as it is) and seeing as I have access to Photoshop I thought I might as well make the most of it. Plus I've also never created a proper collection of images that fit together through a re-occurring theme so I thought it's about time I did!
So to start off the project I rounded up some left over images that I'd never used anywhere before, maybe they didn't fit with what I was doing back then or I just lost them at the time?
The images were taken on a range of different digital cameras compact and DSLRs (when I say a range I mean Kodak compact cameras and Olympus & Canon DSLRs)
I just opened them all up in Photoshop where I applied some adjustment layers (mainly 'Invert' and 'Photo Filter' with the occasional use of the 'Channel Mixer' to convert to black and white) to get the reulting images!
If I were to go on about my work alot in a big myself up way I'd say "I see them as a means of escape from reality" and talk about stuff like colours, textures and the rest of the formal elements and so on... but I'm not like that I'm down to earth- I just like the way they look!
I'm going to finish this post by saying: It's good to change your style every now and again, it's refreshing! So I'm planning to take some photos deliberately for this project in my spare time and who knows in the future I might set up a small exhibition for them!
Actually now that's an Idea....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment