It’s not everyday that somebody who studies photography gets in contact to say that they want to do some research on you and your work but that is what happened when Kat first got back in contact with me!
She told me that her project brief was titled “Exploration and Discovery” and that she was interested in my photographs of different cemeteries. So I decided that I’d take her to the very first cemetery I shot (back when I only had a ‘point and shoot’ camera that was fully automatic!) some of her final digital images are below:
Images above: © Katrina Harmer
Kat mainly shoots in film but hasn’t had the time to scan her negatives for me to post here so the images above are her digital versions but I have no doubt that her film photographs will be posted online at some point!
A newly found favourite:
This photo is actually one of my own, I think I took it last year (I’m too lazy to check the metadata!)
After sending it to Kat for her work I noticed the some small details in the image that have persuaded me that this is a newly found favourite!
The two people who’s headstones these are were husband and wife and then I noticed that the Hannah Hubbard’s stone leans into her husband, this opening up all sorts of thoughts and ideas really working on the imagination! A small reminder of the love that they had for each other in life, love that has carried on even after death.
Above: Photos of Kat Harmer from the Cemetery shoot.
Here’s a link to Kat’s Flickr site where she uploads most of her work, it’s also got more photos from our shoot together: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42391281@N05/
No comments:
Post a Comment