Pages

Monday, 7 February 2011

Self Portrait & a new Prime Lens!

Self Portrait 2011

I don't really take photos of myself, I'm not really into that but when I got my hands on a new 'portrait lens' I sort of had to!

It's the Canon EF 50mm F1.8 Prime lens (the first prime lens that I've ever purchased actually!)

I chose this one because of the large open aperture, it's good for when I'm working in darker conditions plus I wanted to create an even shallower depth of field for some of my portrait work, oh and it was a lot cheaper than some of the other lenses I’ve seen about!

So far I’ve only managed to test it out indoors, it works brilliantly in darkened situations and as soon as the weather improves I’m going to be taking a lot of portraits outside, taking full advantage of the F1.8 shallow depth of field.   

Check back here soon to see more photos taken with this new lens.

“Self Portrait 2011” © Mike Addison 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment