Pages

Friday, 15 June 2012

Samples of My Work


Below are some samples from projects that I have worked on, there are more but because of the purposes of safeguarding I can not publicly post them on my own personal blog without the permission of the young people and their parents.


Why Lie? A Stop-Frame Animation Project

This stop-frame animation project was designed, led and facilitated by me from start to finish, in collaboration with a youth arts group. The finished film, below, was shown in Jubilee Library as part of the Youth Arts Festival 2012




YESTV with The Youth Employability Service

I am a co-founder of the YESTV project, I collaborate with the service staff to create films designed to provide advice on education and job situations and to get related information to the wider youth public through social media. The channel also promotes the Youth Employability Service and what they do. Below are a series of films that I have not only starred in, I've also planned, filmed and edited. 



As you can see the title sequence is entirely made up of stop-frame animation, we use this title sequence throughout and we use stop-frame throughout the series.



You can find more films from this project on the YESTV Brighton channel: www.youtube.com/yesbrightonhove

Exhibition Timelapse 

Here's a timelapse that I put together using only photo stills camera equipment, so it works on the same principals as stop-frame, only I had an added gadget: an intervalonmeter, so that I didn't have to press the shutter release every four seconds for two hours!







Photography Projects

As well as using photography and photographic equipment to make films through stop-frame I also run traditional photography projects, the images below were taken by the young people involved.

This image was part of a 'macro' series  where I asked the young people to photograph what young people can do and do at their local youth centre.


The image above was taken as part of an Easter holiday activity day.


These are just a few samples of my work, to find out more please email me on: michaeladdison@live.co.uk 
For youth work related enquiries please contact me on: michael.addison@brighton-hove.gov.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment